CHOPARD celebrates the 30th anniversary of its sponsorship of the Mille Miglia race between Brescia and Rome
In 1988, Chopard became partner and official timekeeper of the famous Mille Miglia classic car rally. This lasting union was born from the personal passion of Karl-Friedrich Scheufele, Chopard co-president and a keen collector’s car driver. He played a trailblazing role in the watch industry by choosing to associate the world of classic racing with prestigious watchmaking. This now inseparable bond of love between fine mechanics and sporting performance proved the starting point for the much sought-after Mille Miglia watch collection.
This exquisite watch collection is distinguished by its virile, sporty models featuring high-precision mechanics with a chic exterior embodying the spirit of the legendary Italian competition dubbed the “world’s most beautiful race” by Enzo Ferrari. Each spring, the prestigious endurance rally sees more than 400 teams compete on a splendid thousand-mile (1,600 km) route running from Brescia to Rome and back. For 30 years, at the very heart of the race, Chopard has presented a limited series inspired by these legendary speed machines.
To celebrate this years anniversary in suitably Italian style, Chopard has created a special numbered and COSC-certified Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition. Limited to 1,000 pieces in steel, and just 100 pieces in a version combined with 18-carat rose gold.
The dashboard-inspired engine-turned dial features the inverted panda look with it’s contrasting Azure silver-toned sub-dials. Just below the Chopard name there is the red Mille Miglia logo at 12 o’clock and if features a small date between 4 and 5 o’clock. For better legibility the hands have been filled with Super-LumiNova. Subtle details have been incorporated into the design giving hint to the historical race cars it is linked with.
If you need to part with your timepiece, the self-winding movement has a 42-hour power reserve. Visible trough the open caseback which shows the 30th anniversary for the Mille Miglia. On the lower side you will find the limited edition number of the watch.
- Reference: 168589-3006 in steel and 168589-6001 in steel/rose gold
- Case material: Steel or steel and 18-carat rose gold
- Dimension: 42 mm
- Movement: Mechanical chronograph movement
- Power: 42 Hours with automatic winding
- Water resistance: 50meter / 5ATM
- Dial: Engine-turned anthracite dial with Azure silver-toned sub-dials
- Strap: Black calfskin leather strap with red stitching and polished steel pin buckle
- Special Note: Limited to 1000 pieces in steel and 100 in steel/gold
- Chopard Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition price is € 5.170 in steel and € 7.350 in steel/rose gold*