Spend an hour this Father’s Day in a unique and special way
The cast and crew of the movie “Road to the Lemon Grove”, along with many special guests, invite you to join them for a warm-hearted gathering, by taking a virtual trip to the heart and soul of Italy.
The Italian community in Italy and around the world has suffered unspeakable hardships during the recent pandemic. It’s time to heal and find joy through a 1-hour interactive online special that will be multi-streamed on Zoom, YouTube and Facebook.
• Reconnect with your community – from New York to Rome and everything in between.
• Rebuild and help one another.
• Reunite with your fathers, families, friends, Nonnos and Nonnas.
• Hear stories from people on the front lines and survivors of COVID-19.
• Share memories, laughter and celebrate.
• Take a virtual trip to Italy in a time when it is difficult to travel there.
• Dance to memorable music that will touch your heart.
• Donate to Charity – donations of $25 or more will receive a copy of the movie “Road to the Lemon Grove” to share with your friends, family, Nonna and Nonno.
• Funds raised will go to Italian communities affected by the pandemic through the Red Cross.
Special guests will share stories of surviving COVID-19, music, laughter, and rekindle hope in a virtual “passeggiata Italiana” – while raising funds for the Red Cross in support of Italian communities affected by the pandemic.
Celebrities: Burt Young (Rocky), Nick Mancuso (Ticket to Heaven), Rossella Brescia (Italian TV star and Italy’s Prima Ballerina), Loreena McKennitt (Multi-Platinum Recording Artist), Charly Chiarelli (Sicilian “Spalding Grey”), and Tomaso Sanelli (Titans), Eric Eremita (Love It or List It), Cristina Fontanelli (Opera Singer), Claudio Vena (Musician), Dominic Mancuso (Musician), Rita Chiarelli (Musician), Ripley Lucas-Tagliani (Opera Singer) and many more.
Register for the event at: Reunite the Italian Community
Father’s Day, June 21st, 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
(3:00 p.m. Central, 1:00 p.m. Pacific, 10 p.m. Central European)
Links to the streams on Zoom, YouTube and Facebook will be sent out by email to each registered participant prior to the event.
The film ‘Road to the Lemon Grove‘ is a heartwarming movie about a deceased Sicilian father trying to negotiate his way into heaven. However, the only way in is to first go back and repair his relationship with his reluctant son, reunite his feuding family, and help all find love in places they never imagined.
Starring Burt Young (Rocky), Nick Mancuso (Ticket to Heaven), Rossella Brescia (Ital- ian TV star and Italy’s Prima Ballerina), Charly Chiarelli (Sicilian “Spalding Grey”), Loreena McKennitt (Multi-Platinum Recording Artist) and Tomaso Sanelli (Titans). Winner of the Cirs Award at the Taormina Film Festival in Sicily; Best in Italian- Canadian Cinema at the Italian Contemporary Film Festival; Excellence in Performance Award at the Italian Contemporary Film Festival; Best Comedy Feature of Edmonton International Film Festival; and was just nominated to the Canadian Screen Awards.
This comedic, yet touching movie exposes the loss of a culture and identity that will resonate with anyone who has an immigrant story.
Visit the movie website: https://roadtothelemongrove.com